Choose your pond liner
See above or below for measurement details
Polyex liners ... Bestselling liners in the UK. 35yr guaranteed liners now come with FREE UNDERLAY 15 Year Polyex Liners FROM 8.80. For over 20 years we have developed and improved our original pond lining fabric to produce todays top quality liner. Polyex liners are flexible, strong and durable with a strength enhancing UV stabilised and rot resistant coating on each side of the liner. Available in Black/Brown reversible finish. Massive range of grades and sizes
Other liners ... A selection of alternative pond liners including Butyl pond liner and PVC pond liner. Butyl Liner FROM 28.75. Made from top quality 0.75mm Swedish Butyl. Ideal for use in ponds with lots of shelves as it moulds easily to pond contours and is extremely flexible and highly elastic despite its thickness. Lifetime guarantee. PVC pond liners are made from 0.5mm heavy duty PVC. Suitable for use in awkward shaped ponds, or ponds with shelves. Easily moulds to pond contours. Bi-directional stretch makes it resistant to root penetration. UV stabilised, rotproof and have a 30 year guarantee
Preformed liners (inc waterfalls). We stock a large range of waterfalls in different styles and sizes. These waterfalls will naturally weather in over time to give a realistic look to your pond. Preformed ponds and waterfalls are easier to install than flexible liner ponds. The however come in fixed shapes and sizes so if you want a pond liner to meet your own size and depth requirements you need to install either a Butyl or PVC pond liner
Pond underlay ... Underlaying your pond not only gives it a professional finish but also provides a quality foundation for your pond. Pond liners are only guaranteed when underlaid correctly. We recommend that you use our own underlay or an aquatic brand name underlay. Polyfibrelay FROM 8.06. Polyfibrelay is stronger than similar fabric underlays due to the needle punch production method used in it's construction. Designed to last a lifetime, moulds neatly to the contours of your pond, resistant to root penetration. Polyfibrelay is sold in sizes which compliment the Polyex Liners. eg if you need a liner 6m x 5m, simply choose the same size for your underlay. Standard Underlay FROM 4.06. Extra thick heavy-duty polythene underlay provides a highly effective barrier for budget ponds. Puncture and tear resistant giving long lasting support for your liner. Flexible, to mould to the contours of your pond. Standard Underlay is sold in sizes which compliment the Polyex Liners. eg if you need a liner 6m x 5m, simply choose the same size for your underlay.
- To estimate the size of the liner for a pond: length of liner = (length + (2 x depth))+10% width of liner = (width + (2 x depth))+10%
- To estimate the size of the liner for a waterfall roughly: Length of liner =Length along the horizontal + (2 x height of the head) Width of liner = width of widest header pool + (2 X depth)
- Plan your pool with one dimension equals a standard width of liner off the rolls. EPDM generally comes in multiples of 5feet up to about 25feet , PVC and butyl in 2 metre widths up to 8metres in some places. Dramatic indentations in the shape use up extra liner. Measure along the contour of the pool excavation just to check before you try to install it. In desperation you can gain a few inches by laying it in skew, using the extra length of the diagonal. Risky though.
- Don't stretch it into place. I don't care how many books tell you. It needs to be tucked and folded into place. Just before you cut too much off around the top, then you can make sure it is properly fitted by filling it with water.
- Use underlay and sand especially in gravely and stony situations. The pressure of water magically causes stones to float up through the sand and press against the liner. Very odd. You also need to double the underlay for conservation projects or projects where the liner is going to be totally obscured by stone work.